Here are the questions received so far. Please submit any additional questions on this forum topic
FAQ about the movement
1. What is the mission of Occupy Los Angeles?
2. What are the values and principles of Occupy Los Angeles?
5. What are the goals? What are the issues? What leverage will be used to achieve these goals?
6. What are your points of unity? Demands? What is our one demand?
7. Are there political groups involved in organizing this event? Who are they?
8. Have other progressive activist groups in LA been invited?
9. Which other organizations support the Occupy movement?
10. What is the difference between a protest and an occupation?
11. Who makes decisions?
12. Where is the occupation?
13. What is the rationale for occupying City Hall as opposed to, say, the financial district or a building owned by AIG?
14. How long is the occupation?
FAQ on sub committees
1. Any sub committiees created to help reach more people? such as Documentaries (media), outreach (fliers to be passed out), posters (protest art/artists) and how can one join on and help in these sub committiees???
FAQ about Occupation Logistics
1. How to occupy? What to bring, what to consider etc.
2. PARKING PARKING PARKING - where to park cars, for how long?
3. Where can we park our truck(in a lot or structure) for multiple days? Do we have permits pulled for camping in the park across from City Hall? Where are the medics stationed?
4. I have friends driving down and loading their trucks with supplies is there an overnight parking nearby?
6. Wheelchair accessibility
5. How to get there? - park n ride, train routes, schedules, bicycles
6. Medical/First Aid - Is there a medic team/legal organized. what is the phone number for legal and where are the medics hanging out.
8. How about a list of local independent supportive business and/ or any supply lines that have been, or should be, created?
9. Where do we take supplies?
10. Can we bring dogs? :D
FAQ about Media / Publicity / Sign boards
1. I want a list of all the media links spreading the awareness so I can repost and share them!
2. Will there be materials there to make signs if you bring your own cardboard?
FAQ about donations
1. What donations do you need?
Donations are needed for materials, food, water, wifi, flyers etc. Money donations can be made at on the official website http://occupylosangeles.org/ ~ if your donation is not money, please bring it with you when you JOIN US in person. Gratitude to all the 99% ers
about an hour ago · Like
2. I don't have a lot of money, but I can maybe donate some stuff I don't need. What do you need? How do I donate it? I don't see anything on the "Donate" page for anything other than money.
3. If we can't come to LA but want to send material support (food, gift cards for food and supplies) where can we send it? (Some of us suburban families up here in NorCal wish we were young and could be there to show solidarity!)
FAQ about legal
1. What are the applicable laws?
2. Is it legal to write on sidewalks with chalk in L.A.?
3. Are there permits? What is the PRECISE legality of our occupation?
4. What are the city ordinances surrounding sleeping and staying late in the park?
5. If we are to get kicked out of the park at 10 PM, will we resist and stay?
6. Should there be a point i.e. if there are over 1000 of us we continue to occupy, because they cant process that many people?
7. what kind of agreements do we have with the police?
True or False Section
A true-false page to dispel rumors and clarify perceptions that you heard or found on your online pages, in coverage, etc