The Occupy Los Angeles Media Committee is dedicated to representing the collective voice of the Los Angeles General Assembly and the individual voices of the 99%, utilizing citizen journalism to provide multimedia coverage of the people, by the people and for the people. [ver. 1-15-2012]
The Occupy Los Angeles Media Committee manages several forms of media distribution:
- Website: http://www.occupylosangeles.org
- LiveStream: http://www.livestream.com/owslosangeles
- StudioOccupy: http://www.studiooccupy.org User: OccupyLaMedia
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/occupylamedia
- Occupy La Times Newspaper: http://issuu.com/occupiedlosangelestimes
- PhotoBucket (posters): http://www.photobucket.com/occupylamedia
- Flickr (photos): http://www.flickr.com/occupyla
- Tumblr: http://occupyla.tubmlr.com
FaceBook and Twitter are managed by the Social Media team:
Occupy Los Angeles media contributes approximately 50% of the content to the OWS MNN Show, aired weekly in NYC to over 35,000 viewers:
Contact us at email@example.com
Every Sunday, 4:30pm–7:00pm
Novel Cafe (inside, higher level)
811 Traction Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1827
Anyone can submit content and be a contributor! This movement is for the people, of the people, and by the people! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For content submission, please upload your content to your own youtube channel and email us the link(s) with the email subject 'Content Submission.' Please include in the body of the email: the link, description including When, Where, What, Who, Why, and How. And also include your name and contact information.
Media Committee Members
- 1 month of shadowing existing media committee members to learn the workflow and group dynamics
- 3 consecutive media committee meeting attendance
- Consensus rights in the media committee meeting (75% of media committee approval constitutes passage of proposals)
- Media committee list service
- Account access
- Content Contribution: Minimum one (1) content or other objectively verifiable contribution every two (2) weeks.
- Code of Conduct: No personal attacks upon others.
- No Mixed Emails Between Email List Services: Ex. You receive an email from OLA's general list service and respond to that list and also include the OccupyLa Media list service. This rule is intended to stop massive unsolicited emails from non-media email, which disrupts our committee operation and devalues other important emails by increased volume of irrelevant and/or unwanted emails. The media committee member must not initiate to send or forward any email that concurrently includes BOTH the media committee group email AND any other group email as its receiver. When the same content needs to reach multiple groups, the sender must make a separate email for non-media committee groups. A violator of this rule may receive a warning from a media committee member. Any media committee member who has received three documented warnings is subject to probation and 30-day ban from the media committee group email.
- Three strikes: If somebody violates media committee rules enough times that their behavior is the subject of discussion at a minimum of at least three (3) media committee meetings, then they are subject to probationary period and time out from the team (to be decided by the media committee, per consensus, at a media committee meeting). Members placed on probation will NOT be announced at GA, as to give that member the opportunity to adjust their behavior respectfully within the group. If the violator continues to violate rules beyond three strikes, the violator may then be subject to expulsion and announcement at GA.
- Conflict resolution: It is the goal of the media committee that each member, if they have an issue or problem with another media committee member, is highly encouraged they communicate directly with one another to resolve the issue. We realize we are a diverse group of voices, opinions, experience and talent and encourage the bridging of these differing perspectives into unity.
* Not a requirement but highly recommended.