What: The Hood Improvement Project Health Organizing Project (HIP HOP) Launch Party. Facebook Event Page Link
When: Saturday, December 1st, 1 - 4 P.M. World AIDS day will be a plug-in party for those interested in organizing with Hood Health
- 1:30- 1:45 Introduction of Hood Health
- 1:45-2:45 Principles & Mission Statement
- 2:45-3:15 Long & Short-term goals
- 3:15-3:45 Next Steps & Contributions
- 3:45- 4:00 Workgroups
More about Hood Health/HIP HOP:
"HIP HOP is about improving the health and health awareness of the people who are both shut out and abused by the corporate healthcare system. The program has four pillars.
HIP HOP gives people the knowledge they need to make educated choices regarding their health. We will raise awareness regarding prevention and treatment for HIV/AIDS, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other ailments using alternative and traditional medicine.
HIP HOP empowers people to manage their own care through health screenings and tests. We will offer free health screenings for HIV/AIDS, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other general health concerns.
Community Health Clinic
HIP HOP puts control over healthcare in local communities. We will train community healthcare workers and then build a local clinic that can serve the people."
The Inter-Communal Solidarity Committee has a number of projects going on. Check out the ICSC Facebook page to get more involved:
"The Inter-Communal Solidarity Committee is a round table, a connecting point for Los Angeles social justice activists who want to plug in, raise funds, raise hell, and break the chains of capitalism. We are an anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-classist, pro-emancipation collection of urgent radical grassroots projects created by a diverse and changing tapestry of ideologies. We will smash until we win, and we will do it together."
- Hood Improvement Program Health Organizing Project: AIDS education and prevention community health/wellness awareness program
- Break the Lock: prisoner communication, education and visitation program
- George Jackson Freedom School: educate to liberate program
- Turning the Tide: Journal of Anti-Racist Action, Research and Education
Please contact the ICSC by phone at: (323)834-2720 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org