What follows is the Email Blast for Occupy San Diego. They asked us to pass the information along.
[PLEASE NOTE: EVENTS FOR TODAY HAVE CHANGED:
NO CITY COUNCIL PUBLIC COMMENT (SORRY, WE GOT GOOFED UP)
TEA PARTY HAVING PRESS CONFERENCE AT 1PM AT CIVIC CENTER PROPOSING DISMANTLING OF CIVIC CENTER OCCUPATION
TEACH IN AT 1PM RESCHEDULED FOR LATER
MIC CHECK! -- MIC CHECK!
- Web Version of this page: http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlast2011Nov15
- Archive of all Email Blasts: http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoEmailBlasts
- Main wiki project page: http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiego
- All listed Media: http://www.copswiki.org/Common/AllOccupySanDiegoMedia
- All events, past and present, listed in the email blast: http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoEvents
- Month-at-a-glance calendar with all planned events shown: http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoCalendar
- Previous announcements -- these do not expire: http://www.copswiki.org/Common/AllOccupySanDiegoAnnouncements
- DONATE HERE: https://npo.networkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=1005034
- General Assembly
- Plan to get notes from the general assembly -- John Kenney will post his GA notes directly to the list serve as a separate email. He said he will be able to post one each night after the GA has completed.
- http://www.copswiki.org/Common/AllOccupySanDiegoMedia -- Visit this web page to review all prior media collected for email blasts.
- Students join with “Occupy” movement to protest fees at CSU trustees meeting Nov. 16; schools strike planned Nov. 15 -- http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/7862
- Middle Class Women join Occupy San Diego -- http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/7850
- Missoula, MT Becomes 3rd City to Formally Denounce Corporate Personhood; “Occupy the Courts” Scheduled for 1/20/12 -- http://wepartypatriots.com/wp/2011/11/10/missoula-mt-becomes-3rd-city-to-formally-denounce-corporate-personhood-occupy-the-courts-scheduled-for-12012/
- OccupyNYC Raided -- I am watching as I finish this email... http://www.livestream.com/occupynyc -- Heavy equipment used to clear Zucotti Park -- Everything being trashed. NYPD used military sonic weapon on civilians -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon
- Quan's top legal adviser resigns over raid -- http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2011%2F11%2F14%2FBAGA1LURQ7.DTL -- Mayor Jean Quan's chief legal adviser resigned early this morning after what he called a "tragically unnecessary" police raid of the Occupy Oakland camp.
- Occupy Portland: Tensions rise between Portland Police and crowd -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxbowRmzetY&feature=share
See http://www.copswiki.org/Common/AllOccupySanDiegoAnnouncements to read all previous announcements about
- Where we meet, how to recover confiscated property from the San Diego Police Department, information for people were arrested, etc.
Unless otherwise noted, we meet daily as follows:
- 4 pm -- Finance Committee Meeting, Downtown Johnny Brown's, Mon. thru Friday
- Each committee should send a representative to this meeting! Budget is currently being defined.
- 5:30 pm -- Committee meetings -- many meet at the "big circle" (the part of the plaza where there's map of San Diego in a big circle) with very few exceptions.
- 7pm -- General Assembly (Civic Center Plaza)
- http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoCalendar -- Month-at-a-glance format with all planned events shown.
- http://www.copswiki.org/Common/OccupySanDiegoEvents -- list of all events, past and present, listed in the email blast, with detailed information.
- Unless noted, all events are at the San Diego Civic Center Plaza, 1200 3rd Ave. San Diego (Intersection of 3rd Ave. and B St.)
- 15 Nov 2011 - State-Wide School Strike See adjacent invite.
- 15 Nov 2011 - (1p) - Tea Party press conference suggesting occupation at Civic Center to be dismantled.
- 15 Nov 2011 - (2p) - No public comment at City Council meeting today, sorry, it was Monday at 6pm. Next meeting is Dec. 5th due to holidays.
- 15 Nov 2011 - (2p or 3p?) - A Trip Around the Block -- Discussion of the controversies surrounding blocks to consensus in the General Assembly process at Occupy San Diego. Teach-in to be held in Civic Center plaza during City Council meeting break. (Mark Smith)
- 15 Nov 2011 - (3:30p) - First meeting of Occupy Mission Bay at San Diego Visitor Center, 2688 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, California 92109
- Please RSVP on Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=284255568281864
- email is email@example.com; twitter is @ocpymissionbay
- 15 Nov 2011 - (4:30p to 5:30p) - Teach-in by Laurie C. Fisher, AIA: "Occupy + Space"
- 16 Nov 2011 - Re-Fund Public Education Action Week - Join thousands to converge on CSU Trustees meeting in Long Beach, bus seats available.
- Reserve a seat on buses from SDSU, UCSD and CSU San Marcos
- Click here to sign up http://www.makebankspaycalifornia.com/refund_public_education_action_week
- With 200% increase in tuition for UC, CSU, and community college students since 2008, and now the looming $2.5 billion in additional cuts to education and public services, students, workers, and educators will be calling on leaders of California’s schools and universities to support refunding education by making the Wall Street and the super-rich pay for students, parents and communities.
- That's why we are mobilizing Nov 16th to deliver a message to the 50 corporate elite who sit on the boards of California’s colleges and universities: We already paid! It’s time to make Wall Street corporations and the wealthy pay to refund education!
- 16 Nov 2011 - (12:30-1p) - Teach-in: Strategy and Tactics 101 - The Art of Successful Nonviolent Social Transformation, Dr. Judith Hand, Founder and Director, A Future Without War.org.
- 17 Nov 2011 - (12p) Reinvestment Task Force (Committee Room, 12th Floor, City Hall)
- Meeting called by City Council President Tony Young, will have all bankers that do business with the city sitting around the table, on their best behavior.
- We are invited to engage in this meeting. We are not constrained to public comment rules.
- Can we move millions in City money from wall-street bankers to local community banks?
- 17 Nov 2011 - (4p) -- Occupy Clairemont Drive Bridge -- 1775 East Mission Bay Drive SD 92109
- Approved by the GA 11-10-11.
- Let everyone know about this.
- National Day of Action! This is a joint effort! This is a joint effort. The AFL CIO set the time and place. The San Diego Labor Council will invite all unions in the area. Occupy, Move On, the ACCE, the Veteran's for Peace, the UU and other organizations will join. Power in #s! Otherwise bring signs and banners and let our voice be heard!
- Directions: Take I-5 northbound. We will hang banners and gather on Clairemont Bridge. That is the bridge between exit 21 and exit 22 when you are going north on I-5. You can get off at exit 21 and park at Mission Bay Park at 1775 E. Mission Bay Drive
- 17 Nov 2011 - (6:30p reception, 7p program) Occupy The News: Critiquing Occupy San Diego coverage
- On Oct. 7 and has continued outside City Hall daily since then. The local angles of this global story have occupied Twitter, TV, newspapers and the Internet for weeks, involving arrests, business closures, crackdowns on camping in the area. We explore how the coverage has unfolded and discuss the story’s practical and ethical issues.
- Where: Inside the San Diego Concourse, 202 C Street.
- Panelists: Samuel Hodgson, Voice of San Diego photojournalist; Carlos R. Davalos, The (Chula Vista) Star-News executive editor; Frank Gormlie, occupier and editor of the OB Rag; Lorena Gonzalez, occupier and secretary-treasurer of the San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council; Mike Garcia; occupier who is serving as the movement’s city liaison
- Moderator: Matthew T. Hall, San Diego Union-Tribune reporter
- Join us in critiquing the coverage. Follow us on Twitter at @OccupyCoverage for related news before the event and follow the account for live tweets during the discussion.
- 17 Nov 2011 - Enough is Enough! One-Day Strike at CSU Dominguez Hills
- 19 Nov 2011 - (11a-2p) - Occupy Imperial County Meet and Greet Potluck -- Adams Park, El Centro
- 20 Nov 2011 - (12p-4p) - Occupy Corners in Chula Vista -- Corners of F St and 4th Ave, F St. and 3rd ave, G St and 3rd ave.
- Protest during the busiest shopping day of year : Black Friday -- https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123698691073724
- Occupy North County
- Regular Events: Saturdays, Highway 101 & Encinitas Blvd, starting at noon.
- 12:00 PM - Teach in, orientation and committee meetings
- 1:00 PM- RALLY
- 2:00 PM - General Assembly
- Occupy Oceanside
- Next event: November 14th at 4pm, starting at Oceanside Civic Center. March at 4pm, GA at 5pm.
- Occupy Escondido
- Organizing & they are talking about occupying soon. They meet twice a week for now, but the days and times change.
- They want more input on the next meeting on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Escondido/132604733511467
- Occupy Mira Mesa
- Occupy Mission Bay
- Occupy Imperial County
- Meet and Greet Potluck - Nov 19 (11a-2p) Adams Park, El Centro
- Bring a blanket to sit on and a dish to share (if you are capable, no one turned away!)
- Family event, children activities will be provided.
- firstname.lastname@example.org / 760-540-5088
- Women Occupy San Diego
- Contact: Masada Disenhouse. 619-335-1265
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Women-Occupy-San-Diego/186573081428143
- Signup page: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/middle185
- Occupy Chula Vista
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OccupyChulaVista
- Occupy San Diego SDSU
- Occupy Mesa College
- People's Assembly at UCSD (in solidarity with Occupy Wall St.)
- Occupy Cal State San Marcos (CSUSM)
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/occupy.csusm
- Occupy Together -- http://www.facebook.com/OccupyTogether
- Interoccupy Group Consensus Proposal -- http://www.occupycafe.org/forum/topics/interoccupy-facilitation-group-proposal-for-inter-group-consensus -- proposes a mechanism for accepting proposals for processing so as to reach global consensus.
- National Occupy Conference Calls: There are weekly conference calls between Occupy sites. We need reps from appropriate committees to join in the conference call. Unfortunately, it is Monday at 7pm, our GA time.
- Notes from last national Occupy Conference Call -- http://www.copswiki.org/Common/M1198
- http://bit.ly/vxlckr - Register in advance. Sign up with your name and city.
- Get added to the National Contact List and register your contact info by writing to:email@example.com
- Questions? Email: movementbuildingNY@gmail.com
- links to all the different live streams at occupy sites... http://www.occupystreams.org/
- Education Committee website: http://www.osdedu.com
- Facebook Community Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-San-Diego/198003106936678
- Facebook Group Page: http://www.facebook.com/OccupySanDiego
- Facebook group page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/164668860284106/
- http://occupysandiego.org/ -- (OB Rag site.)
- http://occupysandiegoca.wordpress.com/ -- News
- http://occupysd.weebly.com/ -- Backup website
- Summary of our march on Oct 7, by Alternate Focus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNT3ZEuaxY
- Live video stream: http://www.livestream.com/occupysandiegolivefeed
- Occupy "Celly" Text Blaster:
- Sign up and get text messages whenever anyone else on the list sends one, like an email discussion list.
- To Join just text @occupysd to 23559
- Description of the service: http://textoccupy.com/about
- List of all the Occupy sites that are using the service, which they call CELLS: http://textoccupy.com/
- Web page for our CELL, which is called @occupysd: http://textoccupy.com/occupysd
- List of the SMS commands the service uses: http://cel.ly/commands
- VARIOUS FLIERS are available at this link (Thank you to Julie A. Kramer) -- http://www.julieannakramer.com/OSD.html
- http://www.movementforademocraticsociety.org -- Movement for a Democratic Society (MDS) has some interesting ideas for Occupy Movement.
Since we get new subscribers every day much of the email blast will be the same as the last one. BUT, you can view JUST THE DIFFERENCES if you want to, so you can read it faster.
1. Go to the web version of the email blast.
2. Scroll to the bottom. Click "More Topic Actions"
3. Go to the sections "Compare Revisions"
4. Compare the current topic ("3" in this one) to 1 (which is the prior day's)
5. Click COMPARE.
· This does not show some changes, like images, so you should scan the original email too.
· At the bottom of the original topic, you can view any older version (click the numbers) or comparisons ("<") by clicking on the list. (Doesn't work for our case of comparing one day to the next because there are usually several revisions before the final one, so you have to use the "Compare Revisions" function.
SEND THIS LINK AND TELL OTHERS TO SUBSCRIBE: http://lists.citizensoversight.org/mailman/listinfo/occupysd
If you have:
- lists of emails that should be subscribed
- events or notices that should be included
- needs or wants to request from our supporters
- specific requests for volunteers
SEND TO: firstname.lastname@example.org (Media Committee Member)
and we'll work to get that information included in this daily update.
DISCLAIMER! Although we will do our best to make sure this list of events is accurate, changes may occur frequently! Please check your email daily to make sure and also the various web sites.
Edited by Ray Lutz with help from Email Blast Team.