Wellness directly provides holistic health care while educating and advocating for holistic health care as a human right.
Occupy Los Angeles Wellness believes health care is a human right and is dedicated to promoting the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of the Occupy Los Angeles community and the Greater Los Angeles community through direct service and advocacy. We attempt to operate holistically, remembering that wellness must treat the whole individual, and are firmly rooted in providing preventative care and education. We provide basic first aid and health care to all individuals and connect them to relevant off-site resources. Additionally, we attend off-site Occupy Los Angeles-endorsed events to provide care in case of a medical emergency.
Serves as a general forum where actions and statements regarding all Wellness endorsed items are consented upon.
A mobile unit that would provide resources and direct services to Occupy Los Angeles and the surrounding downtown LA community. This mobile unit requires the use of Occupy Los Angeles Wellness Committee volunteers, resources, and endorsement to use the Wellness committee name while doing outreach and providing services.
- Medical subcommittee
- Social Service subcommittee
- Actions subcommittee
- Education & Outreach subcommittee
Meeting Times and Contact Info
- Wellness Assembly (WA) meets 5:30pm to 6:30pm:
Wellness Subcommittees meets 6:30pm to 7:30pm at the same days and locations
- Wednesday at Solidarity Park West Steps
- Sunday at Pitfire Pizza
- Location is subject to change, notice of change is always provided to the google group.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- All meeting minutes are posted on the OLA Wellness google group. A website with meeting minutes is pending.